Taking Russian in college!!!!!! paging stillhidden
And I am here for all your cheating needs! :-)
Just about seven years ago, on 29 May 2007, hundreds of fans with accounts at Livejournal made the shocking discovery that their blogs, and those of some of their friends and favorite fandom communities, had been deleted without prior notice.
It’s estimated that Livejournal…
David Tennant -> Unseen picture by Ellis Parrinder (x)
Let’s all hug David!!
Featuring Doctor Who behind-the-scenes hugs from Russell T. Davies, Billie Piper, Camille Coduri, Noel Clarke, Matt Smith, John Barrowman, Julie Gardner, Mark Gatiss, director Charles Palmer, and producer Susie Liggat
Oh, Hydrogen Peroxide. You do so many things. You deserve more attention.
Here’s a list of the many benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide!
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of “Peroxide” to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. One man reports, “I had a fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. All gone.”
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A nurse reports that she has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
11. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there are protein stains on clothing, pour it directly on the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
14. Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains – especially if they are fairly fresh. Pour directly on the soiled spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. It is a great bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ c. hydrogen peroxide and 1 t. ammonia for a great stain removal combination.
15. Use hydrogen peroxide to bleach delicate items such as wool or wool blends. Soak them overnight in a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts cold water. Launder according to care instructions.
*Also, if you have a dog that you need to get to vomit (like if they ate a bunch of chocolate), make them swallow hydrogen peroxide. Give it to them a few teaspoons at a time.*
you can also use it to lighten your eyebrows!
PHOTO OP: Someone Is Definitely Stealing Our Water
Love animals as much as we do? Check out explore.org's network of live cams on bears, baby birds, puppies, kittens and more.
MARTHA JONES APPRECIATION DAY, a day where we can celebrate Martha Jones (played by Freema Agyeman), the first black female companion on Doctor Who.
How to join:
Post something! Fanfic, fanart, gifs, graphics, meta, fanvid, cosplay… anything, really. Just make sure to tag your work with #martha jones appreciation day so other people can see it.
Please remember not to post any character bashing as it’s supposed to be a day of celebration.
I hope all of you can participate. See you then and have fun!
Politicalprof: my love and appreciation of this quote is indescribable.
Hitler Doesn’t Like The True Blood Finale
This … this … this is … I can’t stop laughing!!!
Hitler’s a Behliever. Not surprising also lol at all those who ship Eric & Sookie leaving the room leaving 3 people.
It is very funny. For me it’s a bit hard because I understand what Hitler is yelling there and the subtitles are completely don’t go along :).
But everyone should see this film for real. It is very good with very fine actors from Germany.
Ah, yes! :) Everyone here is using this for subtitled parodies, but yes! :)
These parodies are always hilarious. Of course Hitler was a Bill fan😂. I lost it in the Sooric shippers leave the room and almost everyone leaves. Also please watch this film is freaking amazing is available on Netflix streaming.
Yes! And thank you. :)
If you are reading this, thank this woman. Her name is Grace Hopper, and she is one of the most under appreciated computer scientists ever. You think Gates and Jobs were cool? THIS WOMAN WORKED ON COMPUTERS WHEN THEY TOOK UP ROOMS. She invented the first compiler, which is a program that translates a computer language like Java or C++ into machine code, called assembly, that can be read by a processor. Every single program you use, every OS and server, was made possible by her first compiler.
Spread the word! (Although I’ll bet there are still some dudebros out there who’ll claim she’s a “fake geek”…)
Favorite fact: She coined the term “debugging” when they had to remove an moth (an actual, living moth) that had gotten trapped in the Mark II computer at Harvard University in 1947. While referring to glitches as bugs existed before, she brought the term into popularity.
She also got the trend of personal computers going with her suggestion to the DoD to use more smaller units rather than one big one.
Please explain to me why I never knew about her before?
you know why
Like, most of the first computer scientists were women. There were just all these brilliant mathematicians who worked in Bletchly park, most of them women, who suddenly had military credentials and experience after WWII. So there was no excuse not to use their genius. First computer language? Designed & implemented by women. First assembler? Designed by women.
So much of computer science is owed to awesome women … who mostly went nameless.